Your satisfaction is important to us. If you are not happy with your purchase, please contact us within 7 days of its arrival.
We run our business in compliance with the Consumer Protection Act and our exchange and refund policy is in compliance with this Act.
ALL GOODS SOLD IN THIS SHOP ARE INTENDED FOR DOMESTIC USE ONLY UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED OTHERWISE ON THE PACKAGING THEREOF.
Please contact us before returning any goods, stating the reason for return. We need to provide you with the address for sending any returned items.
We do not accept returns without you first discussing your concerns with us.
We do not offer exchanges or refunds on knitting needles, crochet hooks, or any other tools or accessories unless the item is faulty. Sale price items, Special Orders, and Pre-Ordered Discount Packs cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Yarn exchange/Refund policy:
If the shade is not to your liking, you may return the yarn for an exchange or refund provided the following requirements are met:
• Yarn is returned in the same condition as it left us, within 7 days of receipt, with any full packs unopened.
•There must be no damage to labels or yarn. The yarn must not smell of cigarette smoke or any other odour. Returned balls of yarn must be unused. Returned yarn will be weighed to ensure it is the same weight as when it left us.
•Yarn must be packaged carefully to avoid damage in transit. We cannot accept liability for returned yarn lost or damaged during transit to us.
•Return shipping costs must be prepaid by the customer. We recommend that returns are sent by registered mail as we cannot accept responsibility should your returns go missing.
•If the yarn is being exchanged, shipping charges will apply to the new yarn being shipped by us.
•Sale price yarns cannot be exchanged/returned or refunded
•Shipping costs are not refundable.
•Any refund will be in the same form that payment was made.
Found a knot/join in your yarn?
Knots/joins are a normal occurrence and, whilst they are annoying, are not regarded as a fault.
Returns in case of Change of Mind or Mistake by Consumer
In the event of consumers wanting to return goods because they have changed their minds or purchased the incorrect product due to an error or mistake on their part, we are not obliged by law to accept returns and refund monies. However, where we choose at our sole discretion to accept such returns and refunds out of goodwill, such goods must still be in their original condition and packaging and may not have been used. You will also be required to present the original tax invoice.
CAREFULLY READ THE INDICATIONS OF PURPOSE AND OTHER NOTICES TO FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH THE USE FOR WHICH THE GOODS ARE INTENDED BEFORE PURCHASING THEM
Are any goods excluded from this return and refund policy?
By law, the goods we exclude from the returns and refund policy are:
- goods which are not inherently unsafe, there is no material defect in the goods, or the goods have failed while being used contrary to instructions or not for the indicated intended purpose;
- goods we do not ordinarily stock and have been purchased by way of special order will only be replaced if defective;
- goods which have been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed,attached, joined or added to blended or combined with, or embedded within, other goods or property (including changing plugs, extending cords, or unscrewing any fastener;
- goods which have been intentionally or unintentionally damaged by the consumer, for example, by exposure to the elements, use of force on the product to replace batteries and other consumables, or used commercially when sold for domestic use only.
What if the goods are unsuitable for the purpose I initially bought them for?
- As stated above, it is the consumer’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with the intended purpose of any goods stated on the packaging and there is no right to return any goods because they are unsuitable for another purpose than that stated on the packaging and in user documentation;
- If however you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend using the goods to a salesperson who confirmed in writing e.g. on a quotation, that you will be able to use the goods for that purpose, you may return the goods within 10 working days after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated and indicated to the salesperson.
- Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use and to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund.
What can I do if the goods are defective?
- If your goods turn out to be materially defective within the first 6 months after you received them from us, we will repair them, replace them or give you a refund.
- Due to the technical nature of most of the goods we sell it is not be possible to determine in-store whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is of importance as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded under warranty. Accordingly, we reserve the right to refer returned goods for technical assessment by the manufacturer or authorised service centre prior to repairing, replacing or refunding and to provide you with feedback within 10 working days of receipt of the returned goods and to act accordingly.
- If the goods fail or a defect manifests after the initial 6 month period from the date of sale thereof, in most cases the normal manufacturer’s warrantee’s will apply as stated in the documentation provided with the goods, however, these are not guarantees offered by us and all decisions, repairs, replacements and refunds are undertaken by the manufacturer or importer at their discretion and all complaints in respect thereof should be directed to them.
- If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can in most cases arrange with the manufacturer or its agents to repair them. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first.
Are there any conditions that apply to manufacturers’ warranties?
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply.
- Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods and make sure that all instructions are strictly followed as a failure to do so will result in the warranty being voided. This is applicable to all goods, but especially for appliances, lawnmowers, hand and power tools, and electronic gadgets and toys.
- Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded.
- Defects that develop after 6 months may be repaired, replaced or refunded at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty.
- The nature of the goods (size, technical specifications, etc.) often dictates where the repair will take place. For example, on site or at the manufacturer’s premises.
In what instances will the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- damage caused by lightning or power surges.
- goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured.
- goods used contrary to their instruction manuals, such as misuse or abuse of the products
- accidental damage.
- Goods that have been partially or entirely disassembled or physically altered.
How will I be refunded?
Once we have accepted a return and approved a refund, you will receive the refund in one of the following ways:
- electronic transfer directly into your account (allow at least 96 hours).
You will be refunded in the same manner in which you paid and we reserve the right to deduct bank and credit card charges from any refunds which we are not obliged by law to pay, for example, where we refund you due to your changing your mind or having made the wrong choice.
There is an implied warranty on goods repaired out of warranty, which places an obligation on suppliers to warrant all new and reconditioned parts installed, for three months, in all repair work undertaken after the date of installation or longer, as the supplier may specify. Please note that we are not the repairer’s of any goods brought in to us for repair and this warranty is between you the consumer and the service agent or service centre although we will as far as is reasonable assist you in dealing with them.
Where goods are ordered on-line, or through our shops and have to be obtained for you or sent to you or anyone else, we cannot accept cancellations or offer refunds merely because there were delays outside our control in the obtaining of the goods or delivery thereof by the delivery service provider.
If time is of the essence then please inform us at the time of placing of the order so that we are aware thereof and can inform you of the possibility of meeting your expected due dates.